Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Day with Jacob

I find I always ride harder when Im with others. When you ski by yourself you never quite get as much out of your day as you would with a ski buddy. Well today Jacob was that ski buddy. Having lived in Whistler all last year, he wasnt easy to keep up to. The day began with me dropping down waterfalls 6 times before 10am while I waited for Jacob to get up, I actually stopped filming it the last 2 times cause i felt like it was getting old. Yes thats right... the 30 foot drop was getting old. One highlight of the day: I skied "The Coffin" which for those of you who dont know, is a drop into a chute with rock walls on both sides. I was always scared of trying it, mainly because of the name. Like... why did they name it The Coffin? How many bodies are in there? Also the entrance to the chute is directly under the chairlift, so if you are standing at the top of this bad boy your continuously getting heckled by people on the chairlift "DROP IT! DO IT! SEND IT!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!! CMON!!!" So showing up, looking at it, then leaving... isnt an option. Jacob had done it several times before, so I felt cumfortable with him going down first then following his line. As it turns out.. it wasnt that bad. Jacob later told me that his old coach sends 15 year old girls down The Coffin. That information would have helped me a lot more I he said it before we did it. Anyway... WATCH VID! And then later... check out Jacob's blog: http://underwhiteskies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment