Thursday, March 21, 2013

A FEW SHORT STORIES

People here are different. They react diffrently to certain things. Take hunting for example; when I posted pictures of us gutting an elk that we killed I immediatly received a pretty digusted reaction from people back home. Whereas people here don't think much of it. It's an animal that tastes good on the barbeque, why wouldn't you hunt it and eat it? Elk are abundant in the Kootneys, and their population isnt under any immediate threat. When I mentioned peoples reactions to the locals working here, they would just shake their heads saying "Silly city kids.."

Another thing that is different here is drinking and driving. On many occassions i've noticed people driving after more than just a few. Because Fairmont Hot Springs doesnt have a police department, they rely on the police force of the nearest town which is Invermere. This means that most of the time, the nearest cops are 30km away. So getting caught for drinking and driving doesn't happen here unless you've been in an accident. With that being said, I make sure to pick my rides carefully, or walk.

Last night we went to a restaurant that was having a special on wings. Its a weekly thing we do here. I had been drinking before we got there and just ordered a pitcher of water. After effectively rehydrating myself it was time to urinate. I went to the bathroom, did my business, and just as I was about to leave I noticed an extra door in the bathroom. It wasn't a stall door, or an exit door. Being curiously intoxicated I try opening it. It opened. It was a steep staircase that lead to an office in the attic. At the time I thought it was the Bat Cave. I did some snooping around trying to find cool Batman gadgets and was upset when my search turned up with nothing. I decided that the next appropriate thing to do was to leave my mark in the cave. Did I throw his papers around the office? Did I pee on the floor? Did I steal his computer? No. I would be so upset if someone did any of those things to me. Instead I went on his computer and left this message on whatever he was working on:


1 comment:

  1. damn them city kids! haha nice stories, problem is if said person ever stumbles upon this page and sees the pic.....

    ReplyDelete