Thursday, April 4, 2013

FIRST TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL + PARTY TIME


Long story short, I tried to jump into a moving vehicle. I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT. Unfortunately the driver stepped on the gas as I was in mid jump so my trajectory was completely thrown off. I didn’t make it. Probably for the better because in the back of the pick up truck was a machete and a chain saw. I bounced off the truck and rolled around the ground a couple times. When I got up my knee hurt a little, so I looked down and to my surprise I found a flabby piece of flesh hanging off my knee cap. My dad always told me to tear off hanging pieces of skin because its better to get rid of them now than to wait for it to catch on something unexpectedly and rip off. This piece was a little too meaty for that to be an option. We decided that stitches would be a better idea.

We went to the hospital in Invermere to get my knee fixed up. It was definitively my most entertaining trip to the hospital because the entire time the doctor was stitching me up, she was making fun of me. As she gave my knee shots of some kind of numbing medicine, I would cringe my face. "Does it hurt?" she asked, "Nooooo" I said growling while flexing every muscle in my body "I doesn't hurt because Im a maaaaaan!"
I hate needles. It hurt. The guy that drove me to the hospital kept getting text messages throughout the whole stiching process so eventually I said "Wow you must be a pretty popular guy" to which the doctor says "Well at least one of you guys is popular." Like I said , It was an entertaining visit.

After the stitching was done we went out to the point for a little fire before bed. Hold on, let me tell you about the point.. So the point is a piece of land on the native reserve that sticks out in our little valley here and there is a sweet view there. Every April there are a bunch of staff that have their birthday, so a giant bonfire party is thrown for them all at the point. This year’s bonfire is going to be the biggest one yet. I have never seen so much preparation go into one party. The current stack of logs that are going to be burned sits higher than my head. The picture below shows half of the logs that are currently sitting there. There are over 100 garden lights that run around the perimeter of the field at the point. There over a dozen skulls hanging in trees on the road out to the point (some of which are fresh and still have tongues hanging out.) There is a GoPro mount in a tree that will time lapse the entire night. There are several DJs that are playing a free show for us, as long as we can provide them with a stage and a few generators (yes of course we will do that for a free show!) Also because this party is happening on a native reserve WE CAN BE AS LOUD AS WE WANT BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY AROUND FOR GODDAM MIIIILLLLESSSSS!!!!!!








I am so hella stoked.

1 comment:

  1. dude, ok, skulls of what exactly are hanging from the trees? also how do we find this go pro time lapse video? and finally, this party seems like its gonna be pretty nuts. it seems like people out in the boonies have better parties.

    ReplyDelete