Friday, August 2, 2013

JEWISH SUMMER CAMP

This will be my last summer here. Nothing shocks me or surprises me anymore, which is what made me fall in love with camp in the first place. I'm falling out of love.

That's not to say nothing fun has happened at all. So far I've bathed in 40 litres of cheese sauce, stolen three locks of hair (one from a dog,) shit in a bag, dyed my hair blue, and gotten completely naked and painted clothes onto myself.

ALSO! I've also recently found a new cliff jumping spot on the island. The drop is about 40-55 feet depending on tides. After more than a month of doing absolutely nothing remotely close to the things we did in Fairmont, the 50 foot drop into the ocean was amazing. When I landed in the water I looked up to see my friends jumping down and I remember having a feeling of uncontainable joy. I screamed and cheered as they wailed their way from the ledge into the ocean with me. I found it impossible to contain my excitement and I loved it. The rush lasted the whole day, and it made me feel happier about being at camp. It made me realize that being at camp is only going to be as fun as I make it. This was a huge thing for me to realize. From this point on until the end of camp I've made a commitment to myself to always actively seek out activities that will bring out contagious uncontainable joy in people.

Aside from camp life, I'm really looking forward to living in Vancouver starting in September. The seven of us here have been talking about it a lot recently and the general vibe is very positive. It's going to be awesome, get stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment