Monday, June 17, 2013

I'VE LEFT THE ROCKIES

I think that was the most fun I've ever had. I shot a rifle. I decapitated an elk. I got branded, twice. I took a truck off a jump. I shit myself on a golf course. I grew a moustache. I walked through a party naked. I had an awesome job. I licked a stranger's face. I drove to the top of a ski hill. I got ten stiches. I summited a few mountains. And I've made friends that are going to last a lifetime.

I wanted my last night in Fairmont to be memorable so I went out and bought eight bottles of tequila and declared it tequila night in Fairmont Hot Springs. Not as many people showed up as I had imagined so there was a lot more tequila than we could drink. Because of this, two people ended up spending the night in the hospital. One guy tripped and fell on a broken bottle and slit his wrist, and one girl had to get her stomach pumped. Tequila night was most definitely memorable.

The next day we still had four bottles left. I gave away three and decided to drink the fourth one before I had to jump on the Greyhound. I had to transfer in Golden and jump on a different bus. I arrived in Golden at 9:30pm and my next bus didn't arrive until 11pm. With all this time to kill, I decided to hike up a mountain with my longboard. Once I got to the top of the hill I sat down on my board and fell asleep. Without an alarm of any kind, I miraculously woke up at 10:45pm and calmly hiked back down to the bus stop and caught my next bus. Had I woken up 15 minutes later, my night would have been so much more eventful than it had to be.

Here's a picture of some of the most increadible people in Fairmont. I'm gonna miss you guys, and I promise I'll be back to see all of you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment